Deadline: June 24, 2018
Applications for the Autumn School for Sustainable Entrepreneurship 2018 are open. The Autumn School for Sustainable Entrepreneurship is an annual programme for young changemakers from the African continent and Germany. This year’s event will take place in Stuttgart, Germany from 22 to 26 October and is organised in partnership with Baden Württemberg Foundation for Development Cooperation and Social Impact.
Driven by the vision of a transition towards a sustainable global economy it enables young entrepreneurs to learn more about sustainable business, consider how to maximise their social impact, share their locally acquired best practices with each other, and become part of an international network of young people sharing the same spirit of sustainability.
The Autumn School is organised by Engagement Global with its ASA Programme within the framework of the African German Youth Initiative (AGYI) and takes place once a year, alternately in Germany and in an African country. The format was launched in Berlin in 2016. This year’s event is organised and implemented in close cooperation with Baden-Württemberg Foundation for Development Cooperation (SEZ).
The Autumn School 2018 is aimed at up to 25 sustainable entrepreneurs addressing social and environmental issues through digitalisation, and who are interested in improving their business models and in maximising their impact. The format is particularly suited for entrepreneurs who are in the early implementation phase of their project.
- get to know more about the life and work of other young changemakers from African countries and Germany;
- acquire useful tools to further develop their business;
- exchange resources and experiences and set the base for long-term virtual or regional exchange;
- gain support and motivation to act as drivers of change for sustainable entrepreneurship in their own region;
- be part of ASA’s extended alumni and partner network.
- Two-month virtual online coaching programme where participants are supported by alumni to develop solutions to their business-related issues and maximize their social impact;
- Inspiring expert inputs and discussions on sustainable business and sustainability issues;
- Peer-to-peer sessions where participants convene and learn from each other and invited international guests;
- Field visits to selected projects in Stuttgart;
- Networking event on sustainable business for participants and external guests featuring panel discussions, workshops, pitches, market place…
The participation in the Autumn School is free of charge. The ASA Programme will bear the expenses for travel and accommodation (for six nights) for all selected participants. Participants will furthermore be assisted with the organisation of their travels, accommodation and with their visa application.
- Young Entrepreneurs (aged 21 to 35)
- Be addressing social or ecological issues through digitalisation
- Be in an early implementation phase of your business.
For more information, visit Autumn School.