The application will be open from the 16th October 2019 to the 15th January 2020.
- Duration: 2 academic years
- Nº of credits: 120 ECTS
- Dedication: Full-time
- Nº of Places: 25
- Language: English
- Internships: 25 ECTS
- Location: University of Deusto (Spain), University of Gothenburg (Sweden) and the Roehampton University.
The program has a strong emphasis on professional development, and how human rights principles can be put into practice through policy and active engagement in human rights issues. You will be exposed to legal, political, sociological and anthropological approaches to human rights promotion and protection in a globalized world.
The program is designed for ambitious individuals who seek to be part of the rise in human rights discourse and practice. Whether you are pursuing a career as a human rights defender, preparing for training in international law or keen to gain experience in campaigning, our interdisciplinary approach based on our internationally renowned research in this field makes us an ideal choice. If you are looking to work in campaigning and advocacy with NGOs or IGOs, charities, pressure groups, research, journalism, academia, law or government, this MA program is an excellent option for you.
- individuals who hold a first degree (equivalent to 180 ECTS) from a recognized university or college in a disciplinary area with relevance in human rights in line with the national legislations in all 3 partner countries. They are invited to contact the International Admissions Officer at Roehampton should they have any queries regarding the equivalency of their first degree. One year’s practical experience working with some aspect of Human Rights (paid or voluntary);
- All students whose first language is not English, need to acquire a minimum English Language qualification of IELTS Level 6.5 average with no less than 6.0 in any section or TOEFL score of 575 (232 computer based). Equivalent alternatives will be considered.
- As of October 3, the resolution of the general call for the Scholarship of the University of Deusto can be checked through the Student Extranet.
- General scholarship of the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training. Open term until October 15. More information.
- Scholarships are convened for practical training in documentation, library and archival studies. More information.
- Santander Equality Scholarships for university women of 1st grade and with MEC Scholarship. Term open until January 31, 2020. More information