Deadline: 27th April, 2018
About the Global Freedom Exchange Program – Opportunity Ocean
The Global Freedom Exchange is a partnership between Vital Voices and Hilton that leverages leadership to end human trafficking. This program seeks to empower emerging and established women leaders (“GFE Fellows”) who are on the forefront of global efforts to prevent, respond to, and eliminate both sex and labor trafficking, particularly as they affect women and girls.
To enable these dynamic advocates to realize their full leadership potential and accelerate positive change in their respective communities, the Global Freedom Exchange invests in, mentors, and strengthens the capacity of each Fellow. The program accomplishes this by fortifying the specific knowledge, skills, and relationships that will benefit each individual Fellow’s professional development and the communities they serve.
Fellows participate in a two-week experiential, interactive, and educational program across three cities in the United States that have developed unique, effective approaches to prevent and address trafficking. During this time, Fellows have the opportunity to discuss both challenges and successes with government officials, visit comprehensive service centers, and engage in peer-to-peer mentoring that allows them to share ideas and strategies about how best to tackle human trafficking in a holistic, victim-centered manner.
Over the past five years, the Global Freedom Exchange has worked with over 100 women from 45 countries. Former Fellows across the globe – including both survivors and allied advocates – use the tools, relationships and networks they fostered during their fellowship experience to offer comprehensive services to survivors, reduce vulnerability to trafficking, hold perpetrators accountable, and create a worldwide network of anti-trafficking leaders who are creating a safer world for us all.
To be considered for this program, you must meet the following criteria.
- All candidates must be women
- All candidates must have professional working proficiency or higher in the English language
- All candidates must represent a non-governmental organization (NGO) or institution working to eliminate human trafficking
- All candidates should demonstrate a commitment to preventing, responding to, and eliminating labor trafficking and/or sex trafficking, particularly as it relates to and affects women and girls
- All candidates should demonstrate leadership potential. Candidates should lead or be actively engaged in organizations where they have demonstrated an interest in passing on new skills and contacts to other women and girls in their communities.
- Optional: Based on the tremendous success of incorporating survivor advocates in past programs and in the interest of promoting survivor-informed discussions, Vital Voices is especially interested in including survivor advocates that meet the above criteria and are interested in participating.