Deadline: 24th May 2018
Knowledge Management/Learning Officer – Opportunity Ocean
Panagora Group, a woman-owned small business specializing in global health and international development, seeks a KM/Learning Officer for an anticipated USAID-funded health system and HIV/AIDS project in Uganda. Applicants are required to have experience working with USAID and must demonstrate an understanding of the health sector in Uganda. This is a full-time position located in Uganda.
Responsibilities of the KM/Learning Officer will include:
· Lead knowledge management, learning and adaptation activities
· Generate, review and disseminate knowledge management and learning products such as case studies, success stories, blogs, etc.
· Develop mechanisms for sharing knowledge among project staff and with local stakeholders
· Build capacity of project staff on learning and adaptation
· Support relevant monitoring and evaluation activities related to the work plan developed by the subcontractor
· Conduct a formative assessment and stakeholder network analysis (identify current stakeholder structure, identify collaboration points, bridges, community leaders) to inform development of KM/CLA Plan
· Work with short-term technical assistance to develop and implement a KM/CLA Plan, including ongoing CLA practiced identified in the plan
· Conduct semi-annual reflections on performance against the work plan
· Work with short-term technical assistance to develop mechanisms to share best practices within public sector and between public and private sector
· Support short-term technical assistance by facilitating organizational development in 8 districts in Acholi region that will lead to achieving relevant donor mandated targets and objectives
· Support targeted capacity building for DHTs and RHITES N Acholi staff
· Support short-term technical assistance in activities related to youth engagement, private sector participation, and capacity building
· A master’s degree in strategic information-related areas including applied research, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, public health, or related field
· Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in CLA, knowledge management, and monitoring and evaluation
· Prior experience with USAID projects, preferably in the public health sector
· Prior experience or familiarity with health or health systems programming
· Strong management and communication skills, including excellent writing ability in English
· Strong attention to detail
· Fluency in English
To apply, please submit a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.