Deadline: 29 June 2018
WHAT IS iamtheCODE?
iamtheCODE is the first African-led global movement to mobilise government, private sector, and philanthropic foundations to advance STEAMD (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics and Design) Education. Its Goal is to mobilise governments, philanthropic foundations, civil society and the private sector to invest in future technologies that can drive sustainable development. It aims to Enable 1 Million women and girls coders worldwide by 2030.
A fundamental pillar of iamtheCODE’s work revolves around the empowerment of women and girls across the world, a key goal of the SDGs. Our mission is to build a generation of one million women and girl coders by 2030, measuring the indicators of the United Nations Global Goals and tracking progress.
It is a unique movement of direct action for the implementation of the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development to improve economic outcomes for women and girls. However, a lack of data on gender issues, and inclusion of women are huge challenges that face initiatives looking to promote gender equality and improve women’s livelihoods. Girls build tech solutions.
We are looking for a Project Manager to be responsible for
organizing programs and activities for our young growing
organization. You will be tasked with developing programs to
support the organization’s strategic direction, as well as
creating and managing long-term goals. You will also be in
charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programs
and writing program funding proposals.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have prior
experience in both program management and team
management. A Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent is required.
Program Manager Responsibilities
• Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the
mission and goals of the organization.
• Developing new programs to support the strategic
direction of the organization.
• Creating and managing long-term goals.
• Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
• Developing an evaluation method to assess program
strengths and identify areas for improvement.
• Writing program-funding proposals to guarantee
uninterrupted delivery of services.
• Fundraising for events and hackathons.
• Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and
• Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer
satisfaction, safety, quality and team member
• Implementing and managing changes and interventions to
ensure project goals are achieved.
• Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy
and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on
• Producing accurate and timely reporting of program
status throughout its life cycle.
• Analysing program risks.
• Working on strategy with the marketing team.
Program Manager Skills Requirements
• Bachelor degree or Master degree in business or related
• Proven experience in program management.
• Proven stakeholder management skills.
• Proven Cross Cultural and Overseas experience.
• Proven experience managing a team.
• Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word,
Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
• Understanding of project management.
• Understanding of Emerging Countries landscape such as
Africa, Latin America and India.
• Ability to connect with young girls living in marginalised
communities by showing empathy, compassion and
Send your Cover Letter and CV to Londonteam@iamthecode.org