Deadline: 31 August 2018
The yher Accelerator is a powerful opportunity for passionate female impact entrepreneurs in Africa who are at the early stages of building businesses and organizations that exist to change the lives of women and girls in Africa.
More women are pursuing entrepreneurship in Africa per capita than anywhere else in the world. With the success of last year’s 2017 yher Accelerator program, they will be running the accelerator again in 2018, bringing together another impressive group of African female founders. Women running high-impact ventures aimed at improving the lives of people living in poverty across the continent will be eligible to apply for our accelerator program and receive all the support and benefits that accompany it.
- Female-Led Ventures: You must have at least one female co-founder who will participate in the program.
- Local: You intimately understand the problem that you are trying to solve.
- Social Impact: Your venture must exist to improve the lives of people living in poverty.
- Support Women and Girls: While not required, we preference ventures that have a clear mandate or mission to uplift females in some way.
- In the Early Stages: You will have already launched a venture or run a pilot and have some early traction or proof of concept. You will typically have less than 100 customers or clients and have been in operation less than two years.
Benefits of yher Accelerator
A week-long intensive entrepreneurship program designed to fast track your early stage venture. We’ll provide training and mentorship while also connecting you with an inspiring group of fellow female entrepreneurs working hard to create a better world.
Connection to a network of mentors from across the world throughout the Accelerator week, providing you with a wealth of entrepreneurship experience to help you build a bulletproof strategy for impact and growth.
An opportunity for you to network with potential funders, mentors, and supporters and to pitch your venture as the week comes to a close at an exclusive, invite-only high-tea event.
A total of $25,000 in prize funding is available for the winners of our peer review and audience votes.
- Growth Support
Potential to qualify for Growth support, including ongoing tailored support and grant or investment funding of $10,000 to $50,000 AUD to help scale your venture.
Ongoing connection with our virtual community to help you along your entrepreneurial journey. Keep each other inspired and accountable with monthly check-ins, mastermind sessions, and knowledge sharing.
How to Apply
The yher Accelerator application must be completed by the applicant themselves. While you may ask for guidance and support from others, the form must reflect your ideas and your passion, expressed in your own words. yher will conduct a phone/SKYPE interview with you if you are shortlisted.