Deadline: 18 August 2018
The Global Migration Week is coming up! Governments, experts, civil society, academia, the private sector, youth and others will meet in Marrakesh, Morocco, 3rd – 12th December 2018.
The Migration Week takes place 3rd to 12th December 2018 in Marrakesh, Morocco. Its starts with the multistakeholder Global Forum on Migration Development (GFMD), 3rd to 7th, followed by the Intergovernmental Adaptation of the Global Compact on Migration (GCM) during the International Conference on Migration (ICM) 10th to 12th December. The weekend, 8th to 9th, consists of ICM side events, one of which will be the Youth Forum (YF) Organised by the UN Major Group for Children and Youth (UN MGCY). UN MGCY is the United Nations General Assembly mandated stakeholder group for children and youth within intergovernmental processes. UN MGCY has been active throughout the GCM and New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants consultation and negotiation process. For questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The Youth Forum is supported by the Secretary General Special Representative to Migration and Morocco.
For more information on the Global Compact on Safe, and Orderly, Migration (GCM), please find click here
So, why is the Migration YF important?
– Build capacity and skills amongst youth for active engagement in implementation of the GCM.
– Facilitate intergenerational and inter professional discussions on local implementation of the GCM.
– Ensure meaningful, self-led and institutional engagement of youth participants in the implementation, follow-up and review of the GCM.
– Create action plans for local implementation of the GCM by and for youth.
As a member of the organising committee (OC) you would be part of the team that enables such events to occur in a historic week for the global approach to migration, including that of it’s integration with UN’s SDGs.
Requirements to be eligible to be in the OC:
– 30 years or less by the time of the GPDRR
– Accountable in your work deliverables and responsibilities
– Fluent in English
– Knowledge on the topic of Migration and GCM
– Be available to spend 5 h / week on the YF preparations (a little bit less in the beginning, while more in the end)
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 18th August 2018 at 12pm GMT.
We will shortly after deadline contact those selected, if you do not hear back by September 1st 2018 then you are unfortunately not selected. We are looking for 3-5 individuals per OC ‘team’, numbers and final roles are to be decided on the quality and expertise amongst applicants; you may be offered a different role than that for which you have applied.
Best of luck!