Applications for the DW International Traineeship starting in September 2019 are open between November 12, 2018 and January 11, 2019.
“Intense, exhausting, competitive… and totally worth it!”
We are looking for young people from all over the world interested in a comprehensive, exceptional quality journalism program with an international broadcaster. Candidates should have journalism experience or be passionate about switching to journalism from technology/IT, economics or the sciences. We are looking for open-minded people full of creative ideas. The program covers the range of skills a journalist of the future needs: TV moderation, multimedia storytelling, data journalism, social media and virtual reality – in seminars, workshops and of course the DW editorial offices and our correspondent bureaux in Washington, Moscow and Brussels. DW trainees are involved in long-term innovative, international projects and have been honored in past years with the CNN Journalism Award and the Grimme Prize. After the traineeship, the trainees usually continue to work for DW.
For the bilingual DW traineeship we are looking for:
• Native speakers of another DW program language with a good, working knowledge of both English and German.
• English native speakers with a good working knowledge of German
Candidates must also have completed a university or college degree or apprenticeship.
• 18 months
• trainee salary
• international broadcaster in 30 languages
• crossmedia: TV, online and radio
• six months of seminar blocks
• internships in Berlin and Bonn
• placement with DW foreign bureau
(Washington, Brussels, Moscow)
• international multimedia projects
• well-known media trainers