Deadline: 3 May 2019
In 2018, Shell developed the One Young World Shell Scholarship Programme to empower the development of diverse young leaders in the Netherlands to make a social impact in the areas of energy transition, education and entrepreneurship.
The Scholarship is back for 2019 and enable 10 ambitious young leaders to participate in the One Young World Summit 2019 in London.
In addition to joining the Summit, scholarship recipients will receive personal coaching and leadership training from Shell professionals. Each scholar will develop a social investment proposal which will be considered for funding by Shell Netherlands.
- Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The OYW and Shell team will consider applications from those who are older than 30 demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the OYW Summit.
- Currently living in the Netherlands (and during the time of the OYW Summit)
- Available and motivated to spend time on the Shell Scholarship Programme and OYW summit. There will be 7 (full) training days, in addition to coaching, mentoring and working on your project plans, plus 4 summit days
- Good command of English is desirable since the OYW summit is entirely in English. The Shell Scholarship Programme will be in Dutch
- Able and eligible to travel to the UK
What does the scholarship provide?
- Access to the OYW summit 2019 in London
- The costs of travelling to and return from the UK
- Transport, accommodation and food during the OYW summit in London
- Training and participation in OYW Shell Scholarship Programme
- Personal coaching, leadership training, storytelling guidance and project management skills
- Travel to and from trainings is not included
- Learning handouts and supporting materials