Deadline: 29 June 2018
WHAT IS iamtheCODE?
iamtheCODE is the first African-led global movement to mobilise government, private sector, and philanthropic foundations to advance STEAMD (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics and Design) Education. Its Goal is to mobilise governments, philanthropic foundations, civil society and the private sector to invest in future technologies that can drive sustainable development. It aims to Enable 1 Million women and girls coders worldwide by 2030.
A fundamental pillar of iamtheCODE’s work revolves around the empowerment of women and girls across the world, a key goal of the SDGs. Our mission is to build a generation of one million women and girl coders by 2030, measuring the indicators of the United Nations Global Goals and tracking progress.
It is a unique movement of direct action for the implementation of the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development to improve economic outcomes for women and girls. However, a lack of data on gender issues, and inclusion of women are huge challenges that face initiatives looking to promote gender equality and improve women’s livelihoods. Girls build tech solutions.
We are an expanding company that is seeking to hire an Operations Manager to join our leadership team. You will be in charge of providing inspired leadership
for the operation for one of our organization’s lines of business, which
involves making important policy and strategic decisions, as well as the
development and implementation of operational policies and procedures.
You will also be assisting our Human Resources department with
recruiting, when necessary, and help promote a company culture that
encourages morale and performance.
Successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in operations
management (or a related field) and have prior experience in a
management or leadership position. A deep understanding of financial
management is also a plus.
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
• Provide inspired leadership for the organization.
• Prepare Board Meeting calls
• Make important policy, planning, and strategy decisions.
• Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures.
• Assist CEO with recruiting when necessary.
• Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance
and high morale.
• Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing.
• Work with senior stakeholders and board members.
• Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor
compliance with laws and regulations.
• Work with the board of directors to determine values and mission,
and plan for short and long-term goals.
• Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
• Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
• Support worker communication with the management team.
• Support CEO with daily administrative work
• Support in Event Management
• Liaise with partners via email and telephone.
• Occasionally travel with CEO to attend events
Operations Manager Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field.
• Experience in management, operations, and leadership.
• Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and
loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management.
• Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers,
partners, and employees.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Solid understanding of financial management.
• Solid ability to send emails and letters to partners.
Send your Cover Letter and CV to Londonteam@iamthecode.org