Deadline: 5pm SAST on 08 November 2019
Position: Project Manager
Reports to: Study Manager
Location: East London, South Africa
Salary: ZAR 20,000 – 25 000 per month
Type of position: Full-time position
Contract type: 1 year (01 Jan to 31 Dec 2020) Fixed term (extendable)
Overview of the role
• Oxford Research South Africa is seeking a Study Manager to work with a research group.
• This role will focus on the implementation of a longitudinal observational study aiming to improve outcomes for adolescent parent families and their children in South Africa.
• The role will be based in the East London, South Africa, and the post holder will work closely with the teams in Oxford (UK), University of Cape Town and Eastern London (South Africa).
• The Study Manager will be a key research team member, with extensive amounts of independent work and responsibility within the project.
• This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in research implementation and management of research funds while being part of an international research team with wide policy and programming impact.
• The post would be focused on all aspects of fieldwork management including strategic leadership of data collection implementation, oversight of all financial and administrative processes and maintain close communication with research investigators.
• The Study Manager will train research teams, design recruitment and follow-up methods for tracing hard-to-reach participants, ensure efficient processing of project expenses.
• The post holder may also provide academic input to conceptualise measures and submit ethics applications. The post holder will also line-manage a team of excellent doctoral students and a project manager.
• For more details on our past and current projects, please visit http://www.youngcarers.org.za/vacancies
- Research implementation
- Oversee finance and administration
1. Undergraduate degree in a health-related/social science discipline
2. Minimum three years’ work experience in project coordination, including the
supervision of staff.
3. Minimum one-year experience working with managing project implementation
4. Minimum one-year experience providing on-the-job training/ capacity building
5. Good leadership, coordination and supervisory skills
6. Proven ability to work with a variety of stakeholders, including health workers, community groups, and research staff
7. Excellent knowledge and experience of using various computer software package, including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
8. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to navigate complex situations
9. Organized with a thorough and accurate approach to work, attention to detail.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Experience managing large (20+ individuals) team
- Experience working with adolescents or in the healthcare system
- Experience with quantitative research in resource-constrained settings
How to apply:
For more information and to apply, please submit your application to Nontokozo Langwenya via email at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include:
- Subject line “ORSA Project Manager”
• Provide your CV (4 pages maximum)
• Cover letter