Deadline: 30 September 2018
The Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) is currently seeking applications for its 2019 Stockholm Water Prize to recognize women, men and organizations who have made outstanding contributions to the sustainable use and protection of the world’s water resources.
- Policy and Practices: This category covers achievements that has improved the governance and management of water, as a natural and economic resource and/or as a human right and basic service. The category includes:
- human rights, conflict resolution, influence on policies, and international cooperation with application in the water sector
- sustainable and safe management of water resources
- provision of water supply and sanitation services
- development and application of appropriate technologies
- development and improvement of economical, legislative, institutional or administrative principles for efficient, equitable and sustainable water management and service provision
- Research: This category includes basic and applied research to develop new knowledge of and scientific leadership in:
- natural, physical and/or technological processes
- the functioning of complex systems
- development or improvement of economical, legislative, institutional or administrative principles for efficient, equitable and sustainable water management and service provision.
- Nominations are welcome from everyone. However, self-nominations or nominations by persons with direct professional or family ties to the candidate are not allowed.
- Any woman, man or organisation that have made outstanding contributions to the conservation and protection of the world’s water resources and to improved health of the planet’s inhabitants and ecosystems, may be nominated.
- The achievements can be within the fields of science, technology, education, public policy, or practice related to sustainable use and protection of the world’s water resources.
- The work of the candidate should have proven impact and/or great potential. Over the years, the Stockholm Water Prize Laureates have represented regions from all over the world and a broad range of water-related activities, professions and scientific disciplines.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must fill the SWP Nomination form via given website.