Deadline: 6 July 2018
Village Capital and the UK Department for International Development (DFID)Impact Programme have opened applications for VilCap Communities Africa, a programme to equip entrepreneur ecosystem leaders across sub-Saharan Africa with the tools, resources, and connections they need to catalyze impact investment.
Venture Capital for Africa is the continent’s leading platform connecting entrepreneurs with investors, mentors and startup support programs. It is also the fastest growing network of entrepreneurs, Angels and VC investors dedicated to growing Africa’s most innovative companies.
VilCap Communities Africa applications are now open for entrepreneur support organizations (ESO’s) to take part in forums on September 24-28 and October 22-26. They’ll open applications for the second group of ESO’s later this summer.
The VilCap Communities Africa programme will cover;
- How to attract funding for your program
- How to stimulate investment capital in your ecosystem
- How to help prepare entrepreneurs to become ready for investment
- How to improve certain aspects of your ecosystem that need development, such as corporate partnerships, mentor networks, angel networks and access to venture capital.
To be eligible to apply for VilCap Communities Africa, you must be focused on supporting early-stage impact enterprises addressing countrywide or regional problems, such as financial inclusion, agriculture, healthcare, environmental sustainability and others affecting those in poverty. You must fall into one of the following categories:
- Accelerator or incubator of early-stage companies
- Seed stage or early-stage venture capital firm
- Association or network of entrepreneurs
- SME business advisory firm
- University incubator
- Think tank
- Foundation or family office
You are welcome to apply jointly with other entrepreneur support organizations from the same country, region, trade zone, common market or with an organization which shares your social agenda.
VilCap Communities Africa Forums
Venture Capital for Africa will host three forums in the most developed Sub-Saharan African ecosystems Lagos, Nairobi and Cape Town in order to share learnings and best practices with ecosystem stakeholders.
- Vilcap Communities Africa, Cohort 1: 24-28 September
- Vilcap Communities Africa, Cohort 2: 22-26 October
- Vilcap Communities Africa, Cohort 1 & 2 Forum: 12-14 November